Thursday, June 19, 2014

Heard it All Before...

Joyce Carol Oates maybe has just been writing too long.  Maybe she just doesn't have anything more to say.  I have liked some of her stuff, I think.  I can't remember anything that I read, but I know there was a short story that I liked, but man, High Crime Area was just so so so preachy.  Oates is an evangelist for non-believers and that is fine, but to be a good evangelist you have to have something to say.  Oates just says the same thing over and over and over and over and well, you get the idea.  I love that the cover is super cheesy!  At first when I saw it I thought, "This is kind of a cheesy cover for such a Woman of Letters!" but having read it, I find it perfect.  Nothing new here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment