Stoner and Spaz is the first book in maybe just a two book deal about a girl who is a "stoner" and a guy who refers to himself as a "spaz." And I didn't chose it because of the cover, because I can't quite figure out what that IS on the cover! I picked it up because of Ron Koertge who wrote books I have very, very much enjoyed. And I did enjoy this one, very much, too! Koertge must be brilliant. He sure writes like a genius.
Ben is a WASP who lives with his VERY WASPy grandmother and he also has CP and for that reason, he considers himself a "spaz" and has always been a loner. One of his favorite things to do is go to an old fashioned movie theater and see old movie, by himself. One night though the very controversial and very drug-addicted Colleen starts talking to him. They start a complicated friendship. What a great, great book. I can't wait to read the second one. It is set in LA, which always adds something awesome to a book.

No comments:
Post a Comment