Ah, the problem of Laurie Halse Anderson. I really want to like her writing! I really do! Everyone does! Everyone loves Laurie Halse Anderson. But Wintergirls was the first book I read by her and The Bitter Knife of Memory was the next. I disliked Wintergirls so much, it took me this long to even try another LHA book. Wintergirls was the first book I ever blogged about and looking back, I can see that I was much meaner back then. I am embarrassed to read how mean I was!
Opps. I wrote this a few days ago, not even realizing that I also have read Twisted. I am embarrassed. But I also think that proves my point that I need to either give LHA a rest or try something totally different from her. My dear friend Kara recommended that I try something from her Seeds of America series, saying that it is totally different and I might enjoy them. What was done really well was Anderson' look into the PTSD suffered by Hayley's father because of his experiences fighting in the Iraq War.

No comments:
Post a Comment