What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Hard One

Books of short stories are hard to judge.  Some short stories are SO good and some are SO bad, sometimes.  Sometimes books DO have all awesome short stories.  But sometimes it is like night and day.  Face Off was like that for me. Had they been stand alones, there were, for sure, some that would have been 5 stars.  Sadly, had they been stand alones, even the one co-written by one of my most favorite authors, there would have been some .5s and 1s.  
As is my preference, the ones that took place in foreign countries and/or had political themes were less appealing.  The ones with a bit of paranormal were very appealing, as were the ones with hard-edged detectives.  Well now that I think about it, the one set in England, even though it had those off-putting Briticisms, was among my favorites, it was just that good.  Oh well!  Maybe this is one of those for which I should have broken up with individual stories instead of plowing through the ones that were just blah for me.  Some I had restart 7, 8 or more times!  

No comments:

Post a Comment