What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Maybe

Secret Sisters of the Salty Sea is just a book that doesn't stir up a lot of a BIG feelings.

And that's okay!

I mean, Last Night at the Lobster might have been like that, but I still think about it! 

I should say that I have never read Lynne Rae Perkins before and so many of the positive comments about this book mention that is much like her others in that it is "gentle" read and introspective.  And she is a very excellent author.  The book is very well written, yes, yes!  It was just that a lot didn't happen.  Or maybe it did, in quiet ways but I am too loud to have heard it? 

Hmm...maybe I will be thinking about this one for a long time to come...

Or maybe it was just really boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment