What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, August 6, 2018

Just Really Good!

Tiffany Sly Lives Here Now came out this year and is another example of what I think has been a really great year so far for new books.  I am so glad that I randomly spied this one on the downloads available from my local library!  Dana L. Davis is a new to me author and well, I guess she is new to many as this is her first book!  It made me super happy to see that she already has a new one coming out next year.  And while that seems so far away, it will be here before we know it.  So I will be patient!
This was quite good.  Quite good.  Dealt with hard issues in a very real way and wasn't a "problem" novel, formulaic, that kind of thing.  I have to say that this was just really well done from all perspectives. The faith perspective is always the most interesting to me and I thought this was really well done.  Very real.  Good, good stuff.  I loved Tiffany and I ached for her and admired her.  I also loved Mrs. Stone.  And I didn't know what the DNA test results would show but I had my hopes the whole time.  And I was very happy with the results.  I also thought that Mr. Stone was such a real character.  So well drawn.  And London, too.  Just a really good read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment