What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

'Scuse Me While I

Meet the Sky was sadly, not as memorable as I would have liked it to have been.  As I wish all books were!  As they all deserve to be, because an author pours out his or her heart on to the page and then puts it out there for all to see.  And so I wish I could remember the books that I read as they deserve to be remembered.  I am sure that others will remember this one.  It just didn't stick with me.
The Carolinas recently faced Hurricane Rita and so this was timely.  I love people who live in Charleston, SC and in Chapel Hill, NC who had to evacuate and so this was on my heart and mind as I read this book.  But still it didn't stick.  Or maybe what did stick was the relationship between the main character, Sophie and Finn.  I didn't like Sophie or Finn as much as I should have, I guess.  I also wish that McCall Hoyle had gone into more of Meredith's story.   I can recommend this book, but for me, it was a four star instead of a five.

No comments:

Post a Comment