What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Big Batch of Bios

My library recently purchased more Who Was/Is Bios on audio!  So I was very excited, having learned a lot from the batch I had listened to on CD.  This time around I read to the ones about Bruce Springsteen, Dolly Parton, Stevie Wonder, Gandhi, Selena, Michael Jackson, the Rolling Stones , Bob Marley and Queen Victoria.
Random, I know.
These were very enjoyable.  I didn't know anything about the Rolling Stones or Queen Victoria, and I learned so much.  And even people I thought I knew, like Dolly Parton, were full of surprises.  As always I am impressed by the ways in which topics like the accusations against Michael Jackson, Dolly's support of gay marriage, Bruce Springsteen's first marriage, drug use among some members of the Rolling Stones, are addressed.







No comments:

Post a Comment