What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

JUDY!

Wow. Okay so I got a text from my wonderful friend and my boss (the same person) and she told me that the new Brian Freeman, The Burying Place book was set in....set in....set in...GRAND RAPIDS, MINNESOTA! That's right! The BIRTHPLACE of JUDY!
IMMEDIATELY I downloaded it onto my Blackberry via the Whispersync Kindle App and SWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP I was sucked in right away to this well written, well paced, well done mystery. The references to Grand Rapids, Duluth and the northern Minnesota landscape take me right back there. The book is excellent, though, even if it wasn't set in GR, so if even if you haven't been there, you will find this book to be a page turner. I had never read of Brian Freeman but I am going to read all I can get my hands on, for sure. I have found a new author to love.
This book is absolutely fabulous. It kept me guessing the whole time. I was actually breathless by the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment