What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Some things are better left unspoken...

I wrote that, but I am not entirely sure if that is true. Is it true? I think it might be. I know that a lot of folks think that they have to say EVERYTHING. Just throw out every critical thought they have, every rumor that they heard, every bit of information they heard someone say about someone. That makes me soooo mad! Like I know this one lady who will come up to me and say, "Did you know what so and so said about you?" I mean is that necessary? Is it? No. I think not.
So yes, some things are better left unspoken for sure.
In The Unspoken by Thomas Fahy one of the main dudes tells one of the main girls that there is something that everyone has that is "unspoken"- that one thing that they don't tell anyone else. It got me thinking, I wonder if I have one of those...like a secret or a feeling or something that I haven't or can't or won't share with anyone else. I will need to think on that some more.
This book, like the The Chosen, deals with a religious cult. A really horrible one that is kind of like what happened in Jonestown. We get to know the children who survived the destruction of the cult.
The charismatic leader, Jacob Crawley, had foretold that the members of his group, The Divine Path, would all be killed by the enemies of God, all except six teenagers. They would live for five more years, then they would all die. Upon their death, the others who had been killed previously would come back and they would rule the earth in peace, justice, and all that good stuff.
Well, now it is five years later, and one of the teenagers has died. In a very bizarre way. Are Jacobs predictions coming true?
This book is a great horror story and would make an excellent teen horror movie. But it is more than just a cheese-fest. Great story and really good writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment