What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cause it's Witchcraft

Another great song. I like how authors today include "playlists" with their books sometimes. How to Be Bad did, the Runaway series, Very LeFreak. The first I ever saw was John Sandford's Rules of Prey. Lucas Davenport's wife gives him a hundred dollar itunes card and he, during the course of the book, compiles a list of the best rock songs so he can pick what he wants to buy.
While writing these reviews I have found myself talking about songs as well. So add Witchcraft to my blog playlist!
Witchcraft is one of the major players in the first book in the Hex Hall series by Rachel Hawkins. This is one of those books I wish I would have come to later so that I would not have to wait for the sequel. I read it so fast because it was so much fun, but now I miss all of the characters and I want to find out what happens!
Sophie Mercer has been sentenced to live and go to reform school. This school is a little different from regular reform schools however, as it is for Prodigum:
Witches, Shapeshifters, werewolves, fairies who are teens and have used their special powers in ways that have threatened to expose them for what they are. So The Council sends these teens to reform school until they are 18. Sophie was busted for a love spell gone wrong at a school dance.
She has never known much about her past, because she lives with her mom who is human.
This book has everything a book needs to catch your attention and keep it. Sophie is a very likable hero, she has a misunderstood vampire best friend, a hot love interest who is dating a seriously jerky girl named Elodie who is part of a coven of dark witches at the hall.
Great book! Can't wait for the second! March of 2011 it will be published!

No comments:

Post a Comment