What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Demon House Does it Again!

Every year I look forward to Demon House.   Every year I'm not disappointed.  This year I was blown away.  DH has added so many different things including a seriously impressive haunted mine.  I swear, I really thought we were in a mine!  The actors were excellent- especially my friend Terry!  Hi, Terry!  But I am not just saying that this place is great because I know a guy who works there.  Demon House is just excellent.  Safe, fun, scary and long.  AND WALKING TACOS!  Sadly, no bathrooms...but maybe they will have them in the future.  One great thing that you don't see in places elsewhere is that as you come in you are given a group number, then you can walk around, eat, watch a movie on the outdoor screen, sit by a campfire.  Please Demon House, add bathrooms and you will be the best. place. ever!  What a way to end a night that was pretty disappointing with the great HHE rip off.  http://revingsblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/bummer.html

1 comment:

  1. Concluding our night of terror we finished up at Demon House. We arrived around 11:00pm, which was nice because it wasn’t too busy and we didn’t have to wait long. I really enjoyed the concept of assigning a number to your group verses having to stand in a long line. We walked around and checked out the food area. They had benches for you to sit on which was nice after a long night of standing in lines and sitting on hay.

    I think our wait was less than 20 minutes and off on our journey we went. We had 4 other people in our group. This was my first time at Demon House so I didn’t know what to expect, come to think of it other than Rich’s all the other attractions have been firsts for me. The attraction began with a grueling descent and then a hike through a mineshaft. I really felt like I was underground and in a mine. I loved this feature and the miners did a fabulous job playing their roles.

    Around tight corners we went, as we navigated through the house. Scares were all around us and some really nice set designs and effects. Actors really played their roles well and despite the hour still exhibit a great amount of enthusiasm and energy.

    The night really started off bad with HHE and thankfully Demon House didn’t disappoint and made our trip down South a successful and enjoyable time.
    Scariness I give Demon house 7 skulls and atmosphere 8 pumpkins

    ReplyDelete