What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, October 18, 2010

A Gold Mine

Theresa and I traveled down into the Tour Ed Mine for, I believe, our third year and we expected a great trip.  We received all we hoped for and a lot more. 
The Mine is expanded this year and starts off subtly with effects that eerily suggest a coming thunderstorm.  I could feel the goosebumps rising as we walked down the well decorated path into a 3-D experience that was better than any I've seen.  Many places have them now.  You are handed glasses for them and the whole bit.  But the art work here was stand-out. 
The ride in the mine car was chilling as always and the underground actors were teens who would not give up and chased us through the place with insane and appreciated pleasure.
Usually the haunt ends at this point. But not this year.  Now Tour Ed includes a creep-infested junk yard and coffin collection through the woods. Excellent. Excellent.
We spoke with the owner and he was so gracious and told us plans to add a hayride in coming years.
I can't even imagine how awesome that will be under his leadership.
Fantastic!  Oh did I mention that this is the place where My Bloody Valentine 3D was filmed?  Way cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment