What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

That Ain't No Way to Treat a Lady

This is one of the best songs of all time.  I love Helen Reddy and I had, at one time, hoped to be a Helen Reddy impersonator, but alas, there wasn't much demand, at least in the Pittsburgh area. 
For the longest time I couldn't figure out why this book was called Painted Ladies, but near the end the meaning is revealed and it makes complete sense and adds to the wonderful charm and brilliance of Robert B. Parker's Spenser novel.  As I have bemoaned again and again, Parker left us this year
Rumor has it there's one more Spenser book left to be a gift to us all, according to his page on Wikipedia.
I hope, I hope!
Excellent story, full of all of the Spenser-isms that make him so beloved.  I wish Hawk had been in this one, but hopefully he will be in the next and sob, sob, sob, probably last. 


No comments:

Post a Comment