What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, February 21, 2011

The Little Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe

You know the rhyme, right?  "She had so many children, she didn't know what to do."  If I was living in the world of The Limit I would need to be that woman.
In Matt's world the government has taken over spending control and given every family a limit.  If a family goes over that limit...well, there are options.  One is a program to limit spending more closely, supervise purchases, etc.  Another option is to send a child to a "workhouse" to work off the family's debt.  Matt's family didn't get to pick an option though and Matt is sent to the workhouse.  There he placed on the "Top Floor" because of his wicked computer skills.
It doesn't take long for Matt and his friend Coop to figure out that something more sinister is going on in the workhouse.  This is a great, quick read with great pacing.  Great for tweens and others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment