What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Who are You Gonna Blame it on this Time?

Oh my goodness.  This is a FANTASTIC song.  We all probably know people who make us think of this song.  You know the type.   Inexcuseable is about just that type of guy.  Not that type of guy, but the blame it on everyone else guy.
This is a FASCINATING character study.  It reminded me of one guy I know and I thought...oh my gosh...I can totally see him ending up in a situation like this.  Totally.  And of course, it wouldn't be his fault.  Not at all.  Somehow he would be the victim.  It's scary creepy that I would know a guy just like Keir.  If I know a guy like Keir, chances are you know a guy like Keir.  And world is a dangerous place with guys who think like Keir in it.
Let me explain.
Keir is a good guy.  He comes from a great family.  He's a really, really nice guy.  He has himself completely convinced of this fact, so much so that when he does really awful things, he just excuses them away.  To make matters worse, so does his dad.  Keir sucks the reader in, though.  He almost had me convinced that he WAS a good guy.  It is so unreal and creepy.  Look it up in amazon and read the back cover and what Jack Gantos has to say about it.  He is dead on.  And I love Jack Gantos.
Read this book.  And keep away from guys like Keir. 

No comments:

Post a Comment