What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Read the Book You Must

The Strange Case of Origami Yoda was just what the doctor ordered after all of the really depressing books that I have been reading lately.  Kelly recommended it to me and I read it in one big reading gulp.  I am very sad, though because the author came to the Sewickley Library of the Quaker Valley School District on a night that I was there and I didn't get to see or hear him.  I remember people being so excited about his appearance and man...now I can see why.  This book is so much fun.  The sequel, Dark Paper Strikes Back is a book that I can't wait to read!  It will be out soon. 
TSCOOY is a notebook kind of deal, put together by Tommy who needs to get to the bottom of this mysterious Origami Yoda finger puppet that pretty much lives on the finger of an odd-ball classmate named Dwight.  Tommy collects first-hand accounts of other classmates who have sought advice from the Origami Yoda.  Original, hilarious, great, great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment