What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Way Cool

I have gone on and on about David Levithan before and so I was not surprised at all to find that I read The Lover's Dictionary  in just a couple of hours and loved every page.  I saw myself in this book, as I am sure most people will (see themselves, that is- no one should be forced to see me).  Sadly, I saw myself as the girl (or it could be a guy...no reference to gender is made) who is not-so-nice one in the relationship. 
The book is quite cool.  A dictionary, indeed, and all of the definitions tell the story of a new relationship as it grows, from the start and on into the second year.  There were so many quotable, so, so true passages in this book that I wish I would have kept notes.  For anyone who has ever been in love, and for those who are contemplating doing it some day, I encourage you to read this book.  It is Levithan's first book for adults.  Excellent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment