What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, June 4, 2012

A New Hero!

Spenser
Lucas
Jonathan
Jesse
Peter and Rina
Alex
Scudder
Steve
Sunny
and now...Chanti
I have a new detective hero! As you can see she is one of the few female detectives on the list.  Reid has created a solid, likable, real, smart detective in Chanti Evans.
Creeping with the Enemy is the second in Kimberly Reid's Langdon Prep series which is so much more than a prep school series.
I loved My Own Worst Frenemy and even wrote Ms. Reid to tell her so.  She kindly replied and told me the series would continue to be centered around mysteries!  I thought it was super cool of her to write back, as I would imagine she gets a million emails.  Even though her writing me back made me super fond of her for being so cool, it is without a bit of bias that I saw that this second book is even better than the first as Chanti has another mystery to solve, this time involving her friend Bethanie and a guy who has been kinda, sorta dating her.  LOVED it!  Can't wait for the next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment