What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Blood-thirsty, blood-sucking, vultures, demons, beasts, undead, manipulative monsters, preying on the innocent.

 I just finished listening to Dracula by Bram Stoker and I must say that the similarities between vampires and those who work in foster "care" are startling!
It is a really scary, creepy book.  Really well done and funny in places, too.  I had no idea that it is told in journals and diaries and newspaper clippings.  Just like so many teen books today!  It was really neat to hear such a strange land described and such horrors described so well.  I am pretty surprised at how the books is very different from a lot of Dracula movies.  I also didn't know that there's a token American in the bunch, a Texan even!  Great book.  I won't forget this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment