What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Starry Starry Night

The Fault in Our Stars was one of those books I REALLY didn't want to read.  And I really didn't want to read it during The Cruelest Month, but I did.   We have a little book group and we're going to talk about it and I had just heard so many wonderful things about this book about kids who had cancer. Does that even sound right?  Wonderful things about a book about kids who have cancer?  Man. I REALLY didn't want to read it.  Everyone who read it, loved it and cried.  I didn't need anymore tears in September!  But yet I read it.  And I loved it.  But I didn't cry because this is more than just a book about kids with cancer. It's about theodicy, self-discover, love, loss, growing up, man.  It is just amazing.  And it is hilarious.  Yes it is sad.  Life is sad.  But man it is a joy.  It is a great, great book.  Read it and A Monster Calls.
Wow.  Such a great book.  Such a beautiful story.  One of the best books I read this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment