What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Step by Step

A great song by Eddie Rabbitt. And have a mentioned he was hot?  Yes.   And also a great, different song by NKOTB.  The Steps by Rachel Cohn?  It was okay.  It pains me to say that because I LOVE Rachel Cohn so much!  And I love everything I have read by her.  But maybe because this book was done for middle schoolers...I don't know...it didn't do it for me.  Though it wasn't bad.  And I would recommend it to kids.  I listened to it on my drive from Bryant to Dallas and I did enjoy the reading, as well.  It is the story of a young girl (12) from NYC, who has parents who end up remarrying and having other kids- so now she has sept and half sibs.  In this book, which was 1 of a 2 book deal, she goes to Sydney to spend Christmas break with her dad and meet her new half-sister, her half-brother, step-mom and ex-step brother (if there is such a thing.  Annabelle is spoiled, but has a good heart and I found her likable.  It just wasn't FANTASTIC, as I have come to see Rachel Cohn.

No comments:

Post a Comment