What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Grim but Great

I loved Adam Gidwitz's A Tale Dark and Grim and I have waited for so long for In a Glass Grimmly but it was worth the wait!  Excellent and creepy.  Not for kids unless they have a really sick sense of humor!  Blood and guts...just like the original fairy tales!
This is the story of Jack and Jill, who are cousins and not feeling very happy about their respective lots in life.  They are forced into seeking out a magic mirror, under threat of death and their journey takes them up beanstalks and into goblin villages and all kinds of other horrible places, even inside a salamander.  Great stuff!  And a great message, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment