What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Brian's Hunt

When I finished listening to Brian's Return, I found it odd that Gary Paulsen had noted that this was going to be the last Brian book.  Fortunately, it wasn't.  Brian's Hunt was fantastic.  At the end of this one, Paulsen explains that he still gets letters from people who want to know more about Brian.  And even now, after finishing Hunt, I still want to know more.
I love the way Paulsen writes about hunting.  I would imagine that he has gotten a lot of flack for it, but it really does make sense.  And no one can call Brian or Paulsen a wimp.  This book had some pretty brutal moments, for sure.  But what a great, great book and so well done.  I do hope that Paulsen gets around to visiting Brian again.

No comments:

Post a Comment