What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, November 18, 2013

How I Love Cars...

And how I loved The Car by Paulsen.  When you know a little bit about Paulsen's life, you can really see it come through in his writing.  Terry has been neglected by his parents and when they both just up and leave, each thinking that the other is at home with Terry, Terry's life really has just begun.  In the garage is a kit car, a Bearcat, which I really didn't know anything about until I read this book and Terry puts it together and heads west, maybe to see an uncle he once met who seemed kinda nice.  On the way he meets an old hippie, who had a bad run in Vietnam and the two of them meet up with another vet and man, Terry really learns about real life now.  Just a great, great, great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment