What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Deep, Dark and Dangerous

Rodman Philbrick has written some books that I really liked:  Freak the Mighty and Zane and the Hurricane.  I was super excited to see The Big Dark on hoopla.  If your library doesn't have hoopla, please see if they can get it.  There are so many great titles on there!  This book reminded me of Susan Beth Pfeffer's Last Survivors series, which I absolutely loved.
This isn't a rip-off though.  And it is a stand-alone, which I just loved about it.
There has been some big scientific that I don't understand event that has wrecked that magnetic field around the earth and so nothing works.  I mean flashlights, too, cars, all of that.  It's like the world has gone back in time.
And there are nuts around, too.  Those kind of nuts who are end-of-the-world-racist-conspiracy nuts.  And there is a young man who is super brave.  And his mom is a diabetic, and she needs medication.  And this is just a really, really, great book!

No comments:

Post a Comment