What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Katrina

There have been a couple really, really incredible books about Hurricane Katrina.  Upside Down in the Middle of Nowhere and Zane and the Hurricane are two of the best books that I have ever read.  I Survived Hurricane Katrina is the third in the I Survived series and it is a good one, but it isn't like those two.  Of course, it is written for a younger audience.
Still, I would recommend this for anyone who likes the series and/or wants to know more about this terrible disaster that was both natural and man-made.  

No comments:

Post a Comment