What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Never a Surprise but Somehow ALWAYS a Surprise!

Gary Paulsen.  Yes.  He just continues to amaze me.  How different his books are from one another. One would think, from reading other authors, and even reading REALLY good authors, that if someone had written as many books as Gary Paulsen, there would be so much repetition and formula to them.  But with GP, no way.  Think about The Tent and Hatchet and Sentries and the Liar, Liar series.  Yes, they all have the Paulsen feel, but they are different.  And awesome.  Oh and what about Paintings from the Cave!
Six Kids and a Stuffed Cat is another fresh, relevant book by Paulsen and different from his others, except for what you would from Paulsen, meaning awesome.
What was neat about this, too is that the book includes a script if you want to perform it, which I think would be great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment