What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

One, Big, Blood-Shot Eye in the Middle of Her Forehead SPOILERS

The Third Eye by Lois Duncan was okay.  I mean, it was good!  I just felt it was a little dated, more than the others I have read recently.  In this one the main character has the gift of sight and is able to find a missing boy who was accidentally locked in the trunk of a car.  When she finds out she is able to do this, she has to decide how or if she doing to use this gift.  It turns out that her mom has the gift also and because of a bad experience she had when she was her daughter's age, she has decided to never use her gift.  This was a bit hard to understand for me.  And I was probably, now that I think about it, why didn't like the book as much.  I mean, it was really glad that the daughter did decide that she was going to make a different choice than her mother.  But I think the fact that her mom could turn away from helping people, it just left SUCH a bad taste in my mouth that it colored everything.  Are there some people have this sight?  We hear about them on those terrible day time tv shoes and in tabloids. But I wonder if they really can. Then there becomes the whole debate about messing with stuff that is supernatural.  I mean, we really shouldn't mess with things like that.  There really is no way to know what is giving us the power, right?  But it wasn't even like that even entered into the mom's decision to not help with her gift.  It was all about whether or not it would hurt her own life.  Still, something interesting to think about, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment