What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, September 9, 2016

Trilogies

When I looked on goodreads, I saw that The Gathering is to be the first in a trilogy called Shadow House.  Then I remembered that my dear friend Rachel wrote a book that was published by Chicken House, which is tied to or part of Scholastic, like this book.  And when she and her husband wrote Claws they were told to change it SO much because it was also "slated to be a trilogy." Well I loved the book.  But Rachel and her husband felt it really lost something because of the changes.  Then Chicken House lost its big money author, Cornelia Funke.  And things changed big time for Chicken House/Scholastic.  It wasn't that Claws didn't sell well.  And Claws never became a trilogy, despite selling really well regularly and also at book fairs. It makes me sad because I won't ever know what happened to the characters and also because Mike and Rachel were never able to see the work that they had imagined and created come to life as they expected.  But I guess that happens.  But it doesn't make it any less horrible.  For authors and readers.
So I wonder if Shadow House will take off, but I hope it does.  First of all, the cover is fantastic! LOOK at that cover!
Four kids end up getting invites to live or attend school or shoot a movie at a far off mansion.  And creepiness begins. The end did get a little confusing for me, but that is me!  I can definitely recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment