What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Funny Guy

Aziz Ansari is a very funny guy.
Very funny.  I thought that Modern Romance would be very funny.  And it is funny!  But not VERY funny!  But it is funny!  But maybe that isn't fair because the book is serious.  I mean, it is funny, but it also a serious look at dating in the "modern age" and there was actual research done for the book! And it is also co-authored by a real sociologist, Eric Klinenberg So maybe I just didn't understand what the book was and so I was approaching it in an unfair way.
I don't and won't ever need to be on the dating scene again, so maybe it was also just my selfishness that didn't allow me to be totally into the research part of it all.  So if you are in the dating scene or plan to be or are interested in it, then you might find it most cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment