What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, April 10, 2017

Jessica Lange

I have a "thing" about Jessica Lange.  I just think she is a fabulous actress.  My favorite living actress, for sure.  And one movie I loved was Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?  And I have always been fascinated by the back story, the rivalry between Joan Crawford and Bette Davis.  So when I heard that Feud was coming out, WITH Jessica Lange and created by the brilliant dude, Ryan Murphy who is half of American Horror Story, I was so super excited.  I am watching it while I am on the treadmill, so I am behind, but I LOVE it.  
So then I saw that Robert Wagner had written I Loved Her in the Movies:  Working with the Legendary Actresses of Hollywood, I had to listen and I am so glad I did! 
The Golden Age of Hollywood has always appealed to me, so I loved these stories best of all, but the whole book was just so good.  And I so admired Wagner for the way he was so respectful of each of the women about whom he wrote.  I admit I didn't know much about Wagner himself, but I now want to know more.  He comes across as very humble and a very decent guy.  I just wish there had been some Judy in it!  She was mentioned, but I guess they didn't work together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment