What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Wait, Music is Your LIfe? Nuh Uh!

Summer Bird Blue is yet another story about someone who claims that "Music is my life!"
Right away I was turned off by that.  Because doesn't everyone claim that to be true, at one point or another?
But maybe that's the point.
Maybe that is claimed by so many characters in YA and tween fiction, to create any kind of interest at all. 
The main character, Rumi is SO very unlikable, well before her sister dies.  And the sisters are so ridiculous rude and mean to their mother, whom they readily admit is a good mom and nice to them.  It was interesting that Rumi was asexual, even if all it proved was that asexual people can be just as boring and unlikable those with other kinds of sexuality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment