What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Butter

Remember this commercial?  I loved those commercials with the talking tub saying, "Butter!"  How cute!  Butter the book just didn't excite me the way I hoped it would.  I think it is a good book.  But not an awesome book.  I don't know...I liked the beginning a lot.  It was funny and heart-breaking and all the rest, the stuff that great books are made of.  But somewhere in the middle I just lost interest.  It could just be my state of mind these days, but I don't know.  Like I mentioned in the previous post,  it's about a teenager who weighs more than 420 pounds and decides to eat himself to death on the internet.  The thing is, when he posts his plan, he finds "friends" and now he doesn't want to die anymore, kind of.  I am not sure.  I am going to meet with my book group friends this month and I hope I will have better insight, but for now, it was just meh.  I gave it two out of five stars on the goodreads and I just can't go higher than that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment