What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Back to School

Let me just be honest.  Spy School Goes South is a great book.  It is the sixth in the series and I love Gibbs.  But this probably would have been a 4 for me, just because I am not into the international stuff, but then Gibbs's author's note at the end made this a 5 star book for sure.  
I was saddned to hear the dedication, however as I learned that Gibbs's wife, a very talented television executive died in March of this year.  Take a moment to read about her if you didn't know, if you are like me and still live in the 1950s.  She was very accomplished but I am sure even more importantly, she was beloved by Mr. Gibbs and her family and friends.  Many prayers and thoughts are with him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment