What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Full of Beans is a book that I have seen around a lot, but never looked at it and I wish I had because once I saw that it was related to Turtle in Paradise I knew it would be good.  And it was!  It was really, really good.  I probably just should have gone by the author, Jennifer L. Holm, because I loved TIP and also The Fourteenth Goldfish, so why wouldn't I love Full of Beans!
Set during the Great Depression in the Florida Keys, it really taught me a lot about the New Deal in general and its impact in Florida and the work to create a tourist destination in the Keys.  A realistic and funny and really good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment