What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, January 1, 2018

First Book of the New Year!

Saint Anything is by Sarah Dessen and I know so many people from whom Sarah Dessen is one of their most favorite authors.  I really did like Saint Anything very much and I will seek to read another from Dessen this year, but I can't say it was really my kind of book, just a little too much romance for me.  Still,  I really liked the fact that it avoided some stereotypical stuff by (SPOILER HERE:  when Sydney and her best friend's brother get together the best friend doesn't hold this massively long terrible grudge and/or bad feelings and it moves along quickly).  Good book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment