What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Perhaps not the best time...

To go back and relisten to Life as We Knew It, the first in the Last Survivors series by the incredible Susan Beth Pfeffer.  I loved this series...and I still do...but it was more "real" listening to it now and I don't think it was good for my psyche-- except it WAS!  I mean, there is hope in this book, there is hope in the whole series. It is just so well done.   I wonder if SBP has had anything to say regarding parallels.  I know she retired in 2014, maybe?  Oh she has been active on Twitter!  I will have to follow her! 
In 2013 I had the total honor of meeting her at PLA...she was so so so so so cool and nice!!

Just finished rereading The Dead and the Gone.  Love this one, too.  But still...hard to read right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment