What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

In a Few Days

I changed my goodreads rating of The Upside of Unrequited from 3 stars to 1, but if I could give 1.5, I would have.  Though, maybe not.  I just found so much I didn't enjoy about this book.  First of all, I think it is completely predictable.  And for me to find something predictable is saying a lot because I am generally clueless.  But one could see the end of this one coming from a LONG way off, I think.
Another thing I didn't like was how stereotypical everyone was.  It was just really blah for me to the point that it was irritating.
What I loved, loved, loved about the book (yes, 3 loves) was the fact that it takes place during the time when same sex marriage was declared a constitutional right by the Supreme Court.  That was awesome.  Because that was such a beautiful day and well, writing about that is just going to be awesome!  As a person of faith, it made me even happier that day because so many have used faith (strike that, I mean MAN MADE RELIGION) to outlaw same sex marriage, it was an especially beautiful day for the government to be inline with Jesus!  But even the celebration of such goodness wasn't enough to save this book.  I just couldn't wait for it to be over.  That doesn't mean that others won't like it.  It just wasn't my cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment