What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Trump Country

What You Are Getting Wrong about Appalachia was eye-opening for me in some ways.  In other ways it was affirming because I have often questioned a lot of the "Trump Country" rhetoric  and well, I am a suspicious person!  Elizabeth Catte has done an excellent job of addressing the book Hillbilly Elegy.  After reading this I was tempted to go back and rate HE much lower, but then I figured that wasn't fair.  But I just don't know.  How can I give five stars to that one and five stars to this one?  But the thing is, at the time, I didn't have this information and the information I researched independently after reading this.  So at the time, I gave HE the best rating I could with the information I had at the time. 
This is a very important book.  Especially for people who think that racism doesn't exist any more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment