What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Learning!

Some people don't like to read fiction because they feel like they want to "learn something" from a book so they just read nonfiction.  Okay.  Maybe it's just my aunt who feels this way.  But when she says it, I want to tell her about all of the things that I have learned from reading fiction books!  I mean, I love reading nonfiction, too!  But I do learn from fiction as well.

Which was one of things I didn't like about Why We Broke Up with it's completely fictional movie star.  I mean, what was the point.  When one could have learned something from it!

I learned about Ireland's Wishing Trees from Wishtree.  I did like Wishtree a lot!  I just didn't find it to be 5 star, but maybe 4.75 star.  I think because it was too short (I know, so weird for me, but I really did like the characters and wanted to know more!)  But I think it was realistic, the way that it ended, even though there is much up in the air.  I loved the ending, I did.  The "STAY" part.  Which isn't a spoiler, I don't, think, the way that I am writing about it and won't say anymore. 
By the way, I LOVED Tree's jokes!  LOVED THEM!  I don't know if this is good enough to be THE Newbery, but I wouldn't be mad if it is THE Newbery, but it seems more like an honor book, which is awesome enough and for sure deserved! 

No comments:

Post a Comment