What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Cliff-Hanger Sans a Cliff-Hanger

In the traditional sense.  Though there were unanswered questions even after Cliff-Hanger, the third book in the Mysteries in Our National Parks series ended.  These books were published by the National Geographic Society.   There is another National Park Mystery series.  I have not read any in that series.  I read this one because in July I am going to Mesa Verde National Park and I am quite excited!  I have only been to one other National Park and that is Acadia.  I have been to a National Historic Site!  I talked about that here.
This book was very good.  Not only did I learn about the park but it also had a good story running along with it.  The series features a brother and a sister, Jack and Ashley, whose mom works for the National Elk Refuge in Jackson Hole and is often called to places when there are wildlife problems and concerns.  In this book there is a cougar that has attacked a little book in the park.  This is weird because, while it can happen, it is pretty rare.  In the meantime, Jack's family offers emergency foster care and is fostering a 13 year old girl.  She plays Jack like a fine violin.  It is a really well written mystery, I think.  The cover is terrible, of course.  And it is a bit dated, but not too much.  It's hard with technology changing so much.  Totally worth the read.  Totally.  Now I am reading the first one!

No comments:

Post a Comment