What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, November 16, 2018

Why?

Why, why, why didn't I read Anne Lamott before now?  So many people told me to do so!  Why did I wait so long?  On the other hand, I REALLY need this now, you know? Grace (Eventually):  Thoughts on Faith was another read-by-the-author wonderful book.  What strikes me about this book and Small Victories is Lamott's description of her anger and heartbreak surrounding Little Bush's administration.  (My dad called the H.W. "Big Bush" and G.W. "Little Bush and I think I will do that, too.  Thanks, dad!)  I agree that this was a horrible, horrible time in our country.  And that Little Bush made reprehensible decisions and what was even more reprehensible was that he claimed to have a strong faith in Jesus, but I look at our current administration and I wonder what Lamott must be thinking now.  So I have been listening to podcasts like this one (and I just find it SO cool and hard to believe that I was on this podcast once!) and this one and this one.  And I fall deeper in love with Lamott.  Because she is so calm and so reassuring and while being completely aware and active.  I was especially captivated by Lamott's description of an eating binge, as well, you know my deal.  So thank you, Ms. Lamott for your brilliance and your grace, for who you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment