What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Could Have Been More Excited

How to Hang a Witch was good.  I just thought it wasn't AS good as a lot of the reviewers did.  I mean, this book got really, really good reviews.  I liked the author's note and what she did to show how what happened in Salem during the witch trials and what happens in this book, set today are similar to bullying, but I just didn't LOVE this book.
I also wondered about Danvers and how that all fits into this book.  Oh wait, wait, wait!  I see that Danvers was where the hunt began, but the actual trials and hangings took place in Salem.  Okay!
Adriana Mather reads the book and she did a really great job.  She is actually a Mather-Mather.  And also, there is a W. Cotton Mather here in the North Hills of Pittsburgh who is related to the Cotton Mather who figures prominently in this book.  My friend used to babysit for his kids!  Maybe I was just a little burnt out on Salem or maybe I just thought the love story between Samantha and the ghost guy was a little too much, but I did like the book, and I can recommend it for sure, I just didn't love it!  A lot of people did, though. There is another one coming next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment