What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, March 4, 2016

British Accents

Here is a warning for those of you who aren't really into British accents for their audiobooks, if you download one of the Secrets book to listen to, you will hear a British accent, but don't worry! That is just the intro lady!  Stones on a Grave was a book I downloaded a long time ago, but I heard the intro in the British accent and so I didn't listen to it!  I could have enjoyed these books much earlier!
Stones on a Grave was really, really good.  This one is set mostly in Germany.  I can't remember which city.
When her orphanage is burned down, Sara gets her clue to her past that takes her to Germany.
I learned things about WW2 that I didn't know before, not that I knew a lot, but I knew a good amount, still there was new stuff here.  I am embarrassed to say that I never knew about the United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration.

No comments:

Post a Comment