What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018





I had SUCH a crush on Wayne Gretsky as a kid.  But didn't know too much about him.  And Muhammaded Ali passed away what seems like very recently but was actually last year, so I wanted to read about him.  Roberto Clemenete was a super-nice guy and played for my hometown team, so it was interesting to read about him.  But I am not very sporty and so these, while they held more of my interest than the scientists, didn't hold my attention like the Black History and the Film and TV and Chocolate people did.  But that is just my personal likes and dislikes!  After learning more about Derek Jeter I feel even worse about not liking Baseball GeniusJeter seems like a first class amazing guy.  In fact, I just downloaded The Contract and I am going to give it a try!  Jesse Owens was an incredible man.  Wow.  This one was a great book.  But finally, What is the Super Bowl just didn't cut it for me.  There was no mention of Deflategate and that just bugged me.  I am glad I read these, but glad to have them behind me, too!  Just not a big sports person, I guess!  Still I can recommend them to people who are!

No comments:

Post a Comment