What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, November 25, 2017

A Million Holds

There are a million holds on Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds, so I just bought the audio and wow, wow, it was so worth it!  What a book.  I just couldn't wait any longer after hearing him talk about his book on Mashreads this morning.  (this is where I want David "I Hate Fat People" Levithan to know that I was running (albeit slowly) while listening.  Oh yeah, also, Mr. Levithan, I am 123lbs now.  Down 215lbs.  Do you like me now?  
Oh my gosh, I digress!
So sorry.  Anyway...
Long Way Down really, really is Printz worthy.  It has bumped The Hate U Give, maybe.  Or maybe it has tied with it.  (But still, Auma's Long Run is my favorite for both Printz and Newbery.)

No comments:

Post a Comment