What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Yeah....

Zen and Gone really didn't do it for me.
At all.
I know it has gotten rave reviews but wow, there was really nothing that drew me into this book.  I had to struggle to finish.  Ugh.   I am so sorry!  I hate writing that!  I know that Ms. France has to be talented and I don't fault her writing at all, but the story was just so not me.
I do want to read Signs of You though because her writing was really good.  I do hope that a different person narrates it though.  To me the narrator's voice sounded SO much younger than Essa was supposed to be. 
Also I think I hated this book so much because of the mother.  The mother was just awful, awful, awful.  And I just don't think I could get past that.  So the one star isn't a reflection upon the quality of the book, just my feeling on how it made me feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment