What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Not a Book Review Blog

And my star rating on goodreads, they aren't really reviewing the books, now that I think about it. What they really do is express how I personally felt about the book.  Please Don't Tell was SO a wrong book for me.  But it might be the right book for someone else.  I do love love.  I didn't used to love love because I was never in love before but now that I know that love is real and wonderful and amazing, I am embarrassed by how anti-love I used to be!
The thing is, murder and love and especially serial killers and love don't mix well for me.  And that is this book.
Here is one good thing about the book.  The women in this book are ridiculous about love.  One is a very accomplished doctor in her early 30s or late 20s and the other is 58 years old and also a smart cookie and the other is an experience gal in her 20s.  But they act like middle schoolers when it comes to love!  And at first I was thinking, "no one would act this way!" but now I understand what it is like to feel so young, even when old, when love walks in your life.  Especially when you least expect it.   But feeling validated in my mushy, gushy, head-over-heels, you make me feel so young thoughts that get stronger every day, even as my second year anniversary of it approaches, could make me like this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment