What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Summer Before Senior Year

stories can be good.  Kill All the Happies was a good one.  I love Rachel Cohn and I will tell you that everything I have read from her has such a fresh, not-the-same-old-thing feeling to it.  The is also true for KAH!  What I liked a lot about this one was that the main character had a lot of "hometown pride."  I do see this a lot in the town in which I work.  There are young people who have started all kinds of neat projects for say, their senior projects and years later, they are still involved.  It's just kind of neat to see people involved and invested.  Many people who have grown up there raise their kids there and they will probably raise there kids there.  Yes, there is a down side to that.  I have see that, too.  But for people who are invested in a community and want to give back and make a difference, like Vic wants to, it really is a beautiful thing.  Again I am reminded of Funny How Things Change.  Which is a book I really liked, and obviously stayed with me, six years after I read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment